Sunday, September 2, 2007

TV's Frank

After staying up until 4 a.m. playing games, I'm now sitting in the lobby of the Hilton with four hours of sleep under my belt. This kind of activity typically results in "the con feeling," and it'll probably stay until I return to Columbus, get real sleep in a bed to myself, or both.

Regardless, the lack is sleep is worth it. Saturday is always a good con-walking night, and my Dr. Forrester costume of MST3K fame proved most worthy. I hadn't made it across the street to the Marriott before two people had stopped me for photographs. I probably had some 10 people total get my pic as we milled around the Hyatt and then Hilton lobbies.

That's not as many as Sauron or the numerous young ladies in corsets, but you get what you can.

Many people asked me about TV's Frank - a recurring sidekick of Forrester's on the long-running MST3K show. I came up with the best excuse I could - "I killed him - again."

I'll probably dress up again tonight, because the outfit was such a success. Luckily, the boss doesn't yet know what I've done to my hair to make the costume as authentic as possible.

I plan on keeping it that way.

No comments: