Saturday, September 1, 2007

Cardboard Vader

So I'm walking around the dealers room and naturally getting tons of great comments on my Doctor Who scarf. It's this 12 or so foot knitted contraption that I loop around my neck a few times so I don't trip on it. Pushing through the masses in the nether regions of the Hilton, random members of fandom pass by, give a nod and a thumbs up to my own recognition of the British sci-fi show.

Thanks to Anna of Birmingham for her fine knitting skills.

Outside of the dealers room is where the oddest costumes of the day can be found. Chewbacca, a storm trooper and Darth Vader made out of cardboard glory are milling around the lobby. Kids are pushing their lightsabers up against the corrugated paper and adults are snapping pics every chance they get.

I wonder if they were in the parade. What if it rains?

Anyways, night starts up in just a few hours. I plan on debuting the Dr. Forrester costume from MST3K this evening. Maybe next, too. I just have to see how things go.

No comments: